Effective Date: 10/7/2022
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How we collect Personal information
- Our purposes for collecting personal information
- How we use, share and protect personal information
- Use of Data for Research and Regulatory submissions
- Links to other Sites; Third-Party Apps; Transactions with Third Parties.
- Individuals under 18 years of age
- Accessing your information; How users can access their personal information and how users may request changes to their personal data.
Evolve Digital Therapeutics, LLC (“Inner Health”, “we” or “us:) provides digital health solutions designed to improve health outcomes. This Service is a digital health application intended to provide a behavioral intervention in patients 18 years of age and older as an adjunct to treatment for symptoms of anxiety, depression and substance abuse.
Inner Health is required to maintain the privacy of protected health information, to provide patients with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to the protected health information and to notify affected individuals following a breach of unsecured protected health information.
- The Personal Information We Collect.
- How We collect Personal Information
This App is available only to Patients who have consulted with a licensed healthcare provider and for whom the healthcare provider has determined that use of the App is appropriate. Users must also provide their consent to Inner Health, as described below.
“Clinical Partners” are hospitals, clinics, practices or other medical groups or health care systems that have contracted with Inner Health to permit use of the Service by their respective Clinicians and Patients; “Clinicians” are licensed healthcare providers practitioners, who provide health care or related services to Patients; and “Patients” are individual patients of the Clinical Partner or Clinician who receive medical treatments, or individuals who are properly authorized representatives of any such patient.
Patients must be registered on this App and have an active account in order to use the Service. We may receive Personal Data about Patients from a Clinician, or Clinical Partner, as applicable, in order to establish an account and for you to be able to register for and use the Service and identify you as an authorized Patient. Inner Health may collect Personal Data when Patients are registered through the Site and confirmed within this App.
We will retain Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our services, but in no case later than six (6) years following termination of Services or withdrawal of your consent, unless otherwise required to be retained longer to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements, including but not limited to FDA requirements. We will retain and use Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Our purpose for Collecting Personal Information.
Clinicians and Clinical Partners may provide your Personal Data to Inner Health in order to register you as a user of the Service. As you use this App and the Service, the information you provide through this App and Service may be viewed by your Clinician and Clinical Partner on the Site to enable your health care team to provide therapy and treatment.
- How we use, share and protect personal Information.
We may combine this information with the Personal Data about you that we receive from the applicable Clinician and Clinical Partner to create your user profile and provide you with the Service.
Inner Health uses Personal Data and information you provide to us through this App and the Service:
• To provide the Service and treatment. For example, Inner Health may use or disclose your protected health information for the purpose of allowing Inner Health or the Clinician and Clinical partners to provide treatment and/or contact you about reminders and treatment effectiveness and alternatives;
• To communicate with you. For example, to reset password or reminders;
• To communicate with your Clinicians, and Clinical Partners as applicable to review the functionality and effectiveness of treatment;
• For payment, as applicable. We may use/disclose your information for the purpose of allowing us as well as our partners to secure payment for services provided to you;
• For health care operations. We may compile information and Analytics about you, your use of this App and other treatments, and share those with our Partners; To create user profiles;
• To create de-identified analytical information about the effectiveness of the Services and for use in scientific analysis, research and regulatory submissions (see Section 6 below), and/or improvement of our products and services;
• To help us evaluate, improve, and troubleshoot our products and services;
• To monitor and analyze usage and trends regarding our products and services;
• To reply to your request for information or comments; and To monitor users’ safety while using this App or Service.
Certain health and medical information about you may be protected under Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) Privacy Rules or other applicable laws. This information may be provided by you online or offline, or may be collected by us from other methods such as through a health care provider. We protect covered health and medical information as required by HIPAA and applicable state law. Similarly, we may use covered health and medical information as permitted by HIPAA and applicable state law.
Inner Health uses secure socket layer (SSL), firewalls, and end-to-end encryption to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All Personal Data is transmitted, stored, and processed in a secure environment in accordance with HIPAA and related guidance. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its security.
We will disclose your information as required in response to valid legal process, for example, in response to a court order, a subpoena or other legal request for information, and/or to comply with applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose your information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or other request for information from the U.S. or other government entities, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our products and/or services and with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. In addition, we may, upon notice to you and/or your Clinical Partner, transfer your information to an entity or individual that acquires, buys, or merges with Inner Health.
We share anonymized, de-identified Analytics with Clinicians, and Clinical Partners for their internal use and with third parties to market and promote Inner Health and the Service.
- User of Data for Research and Regulatory Submissions.
We may use your Personal Data, Analytics, and evaluation results in our research and regulatory submissions. Wherever possible, this information will be deidentified. We may engage in research with third parties like universities, hospitals, health systems, government institutions, or private companies to develop new technology, validate our App or Service, or improve existing technologies or processes. We may use our research results, which include your data, in submissions to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in order to seek FDA clearance or approval of our App or Service. We may also author publications using your deidentified data either on our own or in collaboration with academic or commercial third parties. You can opt out of use of your data for these research and regulatory submission purposes by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you do not consent to these uses during the App sign-up process. If you choose to opt out after initially consenting, you may contact Inner Health at email@example.com . However, if you have consented in the past and later opt out, we cannot retract your de-identified information and/or results from research already performed.
- Links to other Sites; Third Party Apps Transactions with Third Parties
Inner Health is not responsible for and will not be a party to any transactions between you and a third party provider of products, information or services. Inner Health does not monitor such transactions or ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Data, including credit card information, for any third party transaction. Any separate charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties linked to Inner Health’s App, Site or Service are solely your responsibility
- Individuals under 18 years of age
Our Service is intended for individuals who are 18 years old or older. If you believe someone who is under age 18 has used the Service and entered personal information, please contact us using one of the options provided below.
- Accessing your information; How users can access their personal information and how users may request changes to their personal data
Your Clinician may access, review, change or update your Personal Data through the Site. If you want to make changes to your Personal Data you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Under HIPAA, you have certain rights with respect to protected health information, including:
• request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of protected health information; however, Inner Health is not required to agree with the requested restriction and due to technical and administrative limitations, Inner Health reserves the right to terminate Services;
• receive confidential communications of protected health information;
• inspect and copy protected health information;
• amend protected health information;
• receive an accounting of disclosures of protected health information;
• obtain a paper copy of the notice upon request.
It is always your choice whether or not to provide us with such information. You may withdraw your consent to further use of your Personal Data by emailing a request to us at the address below. We will respond to your request in accordance with the law that applies to you. Your Personal Data which we processed prior to your request may not be deleted from our Site or Service system records but will be blocked from further processing without your permission. A request to withdraw consent may not apply to information collected by tracking technologies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your visits to the App, or information we may keep to comply with legal requirements. Any such requests that relate to Protected Health Information or similarly protected health information will be addressed consistent with the requirements of HIPAA Privacy Rules or other applicable laws.
Inner Health commits to resolving complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Data. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated or you disagree with any action Inner Health has taken with regard to your Personal Data, you may file a complaint with Inner Health by emailing us at email@example.com. If you feel Inner Health has violated your health information privacy rights, you may also file a complaint under HIPAA with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Inner Health will not take any action against you for making a complaint.